“Every day is improved by singing. It’s nice not to have to audition for the choir and to learn as we sing.”
“We only do two concerts a semester, so we get to know the music well. I like the weekly rehearsals, the people.”
“Definitely give it a try! Come join a few rehearsals and you’ll very likely be hooked.”
- Who can join and how does one join? The Choral Arts Society Chorale doesn’t require a formal audition. Joining is easy—Just contact the director, then show up to the first rehearsal and see how it goes!
- Member Dues: Membership dues are $50 each semester. A refundable music deposit may also be collected.
- Material: The group performs a variety of material from all eras including a cappella pieces as well as works accompanied by piano and chamber orchestra.
- Concerts: We perform twice at the end of each semester—once for a local assisted living community, and once for the general public.
- Rehearsals: We rehearse on Monday nights from 7 to 9 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church on the East Side of Madison for 14 weeks in both the fall and spring semesters. (See the Members’ Area for specific dates for the current or upcoming term.)